Sunday 9 March 2014

Bakewell tart


One of my favourite sweet treats is a bakewell tart, especially the little Mr Kiplings ones. I thought it would be fun to give my own a try. 

This actually didn't turn out how I wanted it too, but I still thought it was worth sharing. I followed a Mary Berry recipe which can be found here

A think the main problem was that I used a slightly bigger tart tin than specified, a lesson to always carefully read and follow the recipe! Because I used a bigger tin I over cooked the pastry and it became a bit hard. 

I think another mistake was being a bit too over generous with the jam. Sometimes less is more. 


A positive I can take from this recipe was the almond filling. It was absolutely lovely. 

As you can see the jam split through the middle a little.

The final iced bake well tart. 

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...