Sunday 23 March 2014

30th birthday cake


It was my sisters 30th birthday last year and for this milestone I thought a cute toddler photo on a cake would be ideal. There are a few different online stores doing these edible photos. I went with eatyourphoto.co.uk. The transaction was smooth with no problems, it came with instructions and the photo looked great. 

I was having major sweats over getting the edible photo off of the backing paper. The instructions that came with it suggested placing the picture briefly in the freezer if you have trouble. This made it so much easier and I wish I would have done this straight away it would have saved my initial stressing. 

The cake was a 10 inch madeira cake which I detailed how to make here


To make the fondant 30 I brought a set called 'Funky Alphabet & Number Tappits Upper Case' from amazon. I found it quite difficult to get the icing out intact which is why I decided to do just the numbers this time around. I had intended to write happy birthday. I am going to need a bit more practice with this set.

The chocolate champagne bottles were from "a quarter of" online sweetshop. The sparkly 30 is from hobby craft.


Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...